Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wasted Time

You promised me you loved me.
You brought me into your life.
My heart flourished within your love.
We took our vows and I became your wife.

As time went by you began to change.
Your love turned into hate.
Your angry words cut me to the core.
The end of life I began to wait.

I tried my best to make things work.
Everything I tried to no avail.
You coldness burns my heart to ash.
The lid on my coffin you’ll never nail.

I take the pain and tears you’ve caused.
I’ll use them to make me smarter.
The path you’ve taken is now yours alone.
The path I follow leads me much farther.

(c)2007 K. Brown all rights reserved

4 comments:

Elise said...

Your poem is so sad... You definitely have a talent. x

Anonymous said...

I can relate to this. In different times. You write well, and do very good in putting hard emotions into text that others can feel.
much respect~d

Jeff said...

touching personal, everything a good poem should be!
As for me I went through a divorce at the start of this year, my thoughts are thus:
Marriage is this idea that is built up in our minds from the time we can comprehend the TV, by the time we finally take the leap we have all these expectations about how it is meant to be and how we are meant to act, which seem to just add to the challenge of 2 people sharing every moment of each others life.
The sharing is such a beautiful thing, the ideal are where the weights is carried, for me my marriage lasted 6 years we just kinda went our seperate ways, different hopes and dreams. But the time we were together was amazing, the day we met the bond was just so powerful. that was the right time for u to share this little trip, now it's just another turn in the road. love her always will as she does me, but from here on we walk our seperate paths, I wish her all the best.
And I wish you all the best too, your poem touched me.

Elise said...

Where are you? I miss you!!! xxx