Saturday, November 17, 2007

Him

Who is he?

He is the one who knows me.
His gaze penetrates the innermost rooms of my heart.
He roams the corridors of my soul where even I am afraid to tread.

He uncovers all of my darkest fears.
Understanding them.
Loving me despite them.
Casting rays of light everywhere my mind will allow.

This man accepts me and patiently tends my heart,
causing blossoms to grow amongst the rocks.
He sees my beauty and is enraptured by it.

I urge the setting of the sun.
Watching as it slips behind the hills.
Taking with it the hazardous trappings of the day.

Where will I find him?
He is in the sleep that is soon to overtake me.

I trust his eyes.
They peer so intensely into mine.
Only there do I learn what genuine, unfailing love is.

He prepares me for the rising of the sun.
Allowing me to carry his courage within me like a banner through the day.

Does this man exist outside of my dream world?
I don't think so, not for me.

(c)2007 K. Brown all rights reserved

No comments: