Friday, November 30, 2007

New Year's resolution

Man! These last few days have been a blur. I am trying to finish up my Christmas shopping and it doesn't seem to be as fun this year as in the past. I guess I have a case of the Bah Hum bugs. I haven't been out doing any photography lately and it's killing me. I love being behind a camera lens. Anybody out there have Rat Terriers? They are like little kids. I have one tucked under my arm right now as I am trying to type.

I need ideas from all the chicks out there. Here's why. I am from the south and I have a sister in law who is the typical Snotty, too much make-up wearing, size-u-up when you walk in the door bitch. She is so stereotypical. She sells Mary Kay and real estate. Has a little Min Pin that she values more than human life and treats everyone else like they are her personal maids. (I'm sure most of you know the type). I swear Scarlett O'hara herself would be embarrassed by this "woman's"(and I use the term woman very, very loosely)attitude. Any way, I want to look my best when I go to my mom's for Christmas Holiday. I'm looking to take off a few pounds before the trip. I got the hair in check and the make-up is looking good but Thanksgiving was not kind to me. I love to cook and I love to eat even more. My daughter and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner just for the two of us and of course we cooked for 4 so we felt obligated to eat it all. You know nothing should go to waste.

Does anyone have any weight loss suggestions? Can't do the exercise thing the sprained ankle I got a week ago still looks terrible and I have a Muscle disease on top of that so weight bearing /lifting exercise "ain't" gonna happen. You know no one would ever look at me and know that anything was wrong with me. What I have is genetic and we didn't know I had it until I was almost 30. I don't dwell on it but I just can't do some things that others take for granted. Maybe I'll write about it sometime but anyhoo back to my weight loss situation. I'm not fat but am not used to weighing as much as I do now and would like to take about 15 pounds off. Walking is good I had started doing that before the sprain. Any help anyone could give would be great.

On a different note my neighbor/slash coworker is starting to get a little too close for comfort. He has started invading my personal space when he talks to me. Every time he is about to say something to me he will lean into my face until he is about 6 inches away and the worst part is his breath always smells. Not knock you out smell but activate the gag reflex smell. Why is it we never have the courage to tell the ones we know best when they have something like that going on? We let people walk around with green in their teeth and toilet paper hanging out of their pants. I have told him before don't hug me, don't touch me, just talk that's it and limit what you say to me. I don't want any too personal, make me uncomfortable conversation. He is so head over heels. I don't understand it. I am always borderline bitchy to him trying to get him to back off and it never works. He just takes it and doesn't seem to mind.

I really miss intimacy like some sort of relationship. I have told you guys in earlier posts what my marriage has come to. It isn't marriage anymore. I would just like to know that I still got it I guess but not from my neighbor who is married with 3 very small kids and looks like a cross between Barney Fife and Gilligan. Plus I've been on the receiving end of cheating before and I don't think he ever would cheat on his wife but don't want to be the source of any conflict.
I like the idea of independence but would love to have some companionship. You know someone to talk to and laugh with. Someone to hold hands with and go on adventures with. I don't think I would want to step into the marriage thing any time soon.

I'm going home for the holidays. My son went with his dad over Thanksgiving to go visit his family. Now I am taking the kids to see my family for Christmas. It is my jumping off point. I've decided things are going to be different starting Jan. 1st. New look, new outlook. Hopefully with the new year comes a brighter future. It will if I have anything to do with it.

This is my New Year's Resolution. To be on the outside the person that I am on the inside.
No more keeping me trapped inside from now on my little light's gonna shine bright.

2 comments:

linda said...

It is hard to lose weight, food is so tasty and tempting. I am afraid there is no secret, eat less is the best way to lose weight. Maybe choose wholegrains, stay away from white processed foods, more fruit and vegs and the odd treat. Yoga is actually good for core strength and can be modified to allow for restrictions. Pilates too is good.

By the way, don't feel bad about throwing out food. What is the difference if you throw it out or shit it out? At least it does not end up on you bum. Just think you should ponder that thought next time you feel guilty about tossing left overs out.....

Elise said...

Drink lots of water...

It really helps to make you feel healthier and gives you a lot of good energy.

Walking, horse riding and swimming a nice gentle ways of exercising.

Don't aim to loose weight aim to be healthier.

Your sister sounds odd!

xoxox