Saturday, November 24, 2007

EYES

Laughing eyes catch my glance turning it into a stare.
A flicker inside my heart begins to excite my soul.
The laughter spreads from your eyes to your smile.
I can feel something inside me taking hold.

I notice your eyes have begun to change, like spring jumps into summer.
I feel my body start to relax, my mind begins to trust.
These eyes begin to speak to me with a voice that is so kind.
I’m afraid to take the wall away, it’s always been a must.

Your eyes again begin to change, kindness turns into concern.
The wall I feel it tumbling down, my secrets I start to tell.
I shudder now my fear alive, knowing that you will leave.
Putting me back into my dungeon, the name of which is hell.

Hungry eyes have now arrived, devouring me with their gaze.
I burn inside with a raging fire, looking turns into touch.
Hunger moves from sight to sound then into the physical.
Our bodies melting into one, love comes in a fiery rush.

Your eyes now take on a different look, one I’ve never seen.
Protective, loving, tears now fall where once laughter reigned.
The last brick that stands upon my wall crashes to the ground.
My eyes now see what yours have shown, the love that we’ve both gained.

(c)2007 K. Brown all rights reserved

5 comments:

Oswegan said...

Hi Keriam,

It's a very heart felt poem.

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for the link.

~Oswegan

Elise said...

Wow!

Keriam you really know how to express emotion in your poems.

I love this one. Keep writing, I can't wait to read another one

xox

DragonRaid said...

my wall has been broken, but i may have to rebuild it.

Cocaine Princess said...

Beautifully written. You are indeed talented. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm sorry about your marriage not working out but I am glad you have started writing again. Don't keep anything bottled up inside, express it through writing, it can be very therapeutic. Please do keep in touch.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess

Unknown said...

Hi Keriam,

I loved your page... We have some things in common... I too am a mother of 2 kids with a passion for photography. I Love Floyd and write when I need to recupe after a hard day... Keep expressing...

Tina