Monday, October 8, 2007

DREAMS

Darkness falls in the recesses of my mind.
Mists circle and brew, creating figures behind my eyes.

Echos of peace and serenity flowing just beyond my reach.
This is the world that I love, that I never want to leave.

It wraps me in it's warmth, protecting me from harsh reality. Calming all my senses giving me pleasure beyond all belief.

My strength lies within this world. It flows through my veins like hot lava coursing down a mountain.
Laughing uncontrollably, running wildly, soaring to the heavens.

Time passes too quickly here. Without warning, I feel the rush of reality drowning out the world that I have created. Melting the edges of my dreams like crayons in the hot sun.

Whisperings of fear brushing against my ears.
It is my own voice crying out against the tidal way of panic that
lights the way for reality to invade my mind.


Sun light peeks into the corners of my eyes,
washing away the last remnants of my mystic world.
Showing reality the path back into my mind.
Ushering in the callous stares of all those who live without dreams.

(c)2007 K. Brown all rights reserved

1 comment:

Elise said...

I think there are two things in life people can not explain, Love and dreaming. Many have attempted poems of love, but dreaming is something not many have even tried to explain. I think you capture the feeling beautifully.