Tuesday, December 4, 2007

TIN MAN


The Tin man is standing against the wind.
Protecting me from its grasp.
This man of tin with a body so strong.
A heart that’s been hurt has a golden clasp.

He carries me away with arms of steel.
Hiding me from a world that’s so harsh.
Eyes that are sharp like the blade of a knife.
They reflect the hurt that’s decided his life.

Tin man do you see me with those eyes that show hurt?
Do you feel me with those cold steel arms?
Can I pierce the armor that you have created?
The armor that protects you from all the worlds harms.

I know what the world can do to a soul.
I know what deep chasms can quickly unfold.
I know that I love you even though you don’t show,
That there are feelings inside of your body so cold.

Let me warm you and show you there can be love.
Let me soften your eyes that keep focused above.
Please look down on me now and show me you care.
I so want to touch you and make you aware.

(c)2007 K. Brown all rights reserved

2 comments:

Elise said...

The poem is so sad...

Tin man needs to open himself up. The world is full of pain but sheilding yourself from it also blocks out true love and happiness.

Your poem is so beautifully written

x

Michelle Hix said...

Came here from Elise's blog (hi Elise). We all know a tin man don't we?